Sunday, December 6, 2009

Excerpt from Mommy's Life Journal

I thought that occasionally I might let some of you in on a few of my secrets that I'm sharing in Abigail's journal. So sit back and enjoy a foray into the mind of Brianne!

Writing Prompt:
What was the worst date you've ever been on?

The summer before I met your dad (John), was the first single time I had experienced in over 4 years. I had several dating experiences, but one sticks out as the worst. A good friend of mine (who shall remain nameless for his sake) and I had been hanging out frequently and were really enjoying one another's company. At Jessie and Dusty Davis' cookout he finally asked me if I would like to go on a date. I agreed thinking that although we were total opposites that it might be just what I was looking for. The night of our date things started off well until I opened the door when he picked me up to find him standing there dressed in turn of the century golfing attire. We went to Bobe's ( a local pizza place) and had dinner. Our prearranged plans included getting together with other friends to play music and hang out, but when this feel through my date's mood went sour. Needless to say this made things awkward. By the end of dinner I feared that he was nearing the point of being mildly depressed. I asked what he'd like to do next and he replied that he was taking me home. I was dropped off on my doorstep with the sun still up on a Friday night. Obviously I was a little bummed that things turned out so poorly and to compound this I didn't hear from the guy until a month later. He told me he'd had a great time and would like to go out again, but he was too late. By this time I'd met your dad and lost my heart to him.

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear...the things we go through before marriage!;) Aren't you glad those days are over!:)

    ReplyDelete