Friday, June 4, 2010

The Prayer of a Frazzled Mommy...

Oh Father...


My voice longs to sing you songs of praise...
instead of the ABC's...

My mind desires deep spiritual conversation...
instead of "No Abigail, we cannot throw Daddy's undies in the toilet..."

My hands want to create beautful masterpieces that will bring you glory...
instead of picking up toys for the hundredth time...

My feet yearn to run and explore the vast exanse of the world you've designed...
instead of wearing circles in the carpet from the laundry room and back...

My appearance craves that a tiny bit of your beauty would rub off on me...
instead of the drool and baby food that completes my attire...

My eyes long to see the difference that I've made in my small part of the world...
instead of laundry that needs cleaned and dishes that need done...

My ears seek to hear your soothing voice...
instead of the grating sound of electronic toys...

May I see you in the singing of lullabies, learn from you through my daughters, glorify you in the effort of housekeeping, kneel before you at the end of each long day, my inner beauty be a reflection of your grace, and may I hear you in the sweet sound of Abigail's "Amen".

In the midst of being Mommy, find me Lord...

2 comments:

  1. beautiful, well said, and so true!
    thanks for sharing bri!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely know how you feel. Its easy to feel "lost" in the chaos of being a stay at home mom. God has chosen us for this great responsibility and you're doing it wonderfully! I hope to see you and Abigail soon, preferrably before Jordyn arrives!

    ReplyDelete