Tuesday, September 14, 2010

3 Years of Marriage + 2 Baby Girls = 1 Good Life

Today is my wedding anniversary. 3 years ago on this day I stood before God and man and made the greatest commitment of my life...it was the easiest and most wonderful thing I have ever done. John came into my life in a whirlwind, and life has been swirling on around us ever since! My husband is a godly, giving man who sweeps me of my feet every single day. Together we have built a family and life that I dreamed about since I was a little girl.

Today is my second daughter's birthday. 3 years ago on this day my new husband and I said we would wait 1 year to have children, and that's just what we did...369 days later I took a positive pregnancy test. Abigail was the joy of our lives for 6 and a half months and then had to move over and share a little heart space with our next gift of life...Jordyn Elizabeth. Today my daughter will arrive into a family whose arms are just itching to hold her. John and I have been so blessed to be given 2 precious little ladies nearlythe moment we asked for them.

Today is the beginning of a new chapter in my life. I will be mommy to not just one blessing, but two. I am engulfed in a wide array of emotions that begin with eager anticipation and end in utter terror, but I know my Lord will day-to-day set my feet upon the rock of His love and guide me through. I look forward to today, to the love and to the pain, to the fulfillment of prayers and promises, to the indescribeable joy of being a wife and a mother...

5 comments:

  1. Oh girl... I cannot wait to meet the new little princess! If she is half of her sister she is going to be so amazing! We love you guys, and we love walking down this parental road together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to meet miss jordyn elizabeth! you better believe you have some supper coming your way soon :)
    love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet she is SO beautfiul. I can't wait to squeeze her and YOU. :) Drink up every moment today. Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet, sweet post!! I feel the same way about my hubby and beautiful little girls! :) You will love watching them grow up together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post! God has blessed you abundantly. :)

    ReplyDelete