Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Tribute To Ms. Bananas in Pajamas

Yesterday morning found me at wits end. My sweet baby girl doesn't have such endearing sleep habits. For weeks now I've been running on a max of 4 hrs sleep per night. Tuesday night I never quite made it to bed, and as a result I was an emotional mess come morning. On impulse I texted my dear friend Court-N-Tilly, and found comforted I desperately needed. Courtney and I have not been able to keep in touch or to spend as much time together as we would like, but always always she is there for me. Many of you know that my freshman year of high school Courtney was my big sister on our dance team. We ironically looked very similar and happened to randomly wear the same outfits to practice (truly never planned). She and I carried around Banana in Pajama dolls and drove our team nuts singing the theme song to the show. We developed a strong friendship that has lasted beyond high school and in to adult life. Courtney and I coached dance together for several years, and she was a bridesmaid in my wedding. After marrying I moved to the middle of no where (literally) and haven't been able to come home as much as I'd like. Courtney and I often talked about being mommies together and now it's happened! I'm so thankful for her comforting words, sympathetic understanding, and reassurance that I am not crazy after all. She lended a listening ear when one was desperately needed. I also owe her an everlasting debt of gratitude because on the heels of her advice little Abigail slept 5hrs in a row last night!

Courtney- I'm so thankful for your friendship that endures trials and strengthens over time. God bless you! Let me know when I can return the favor!

2 comments:

  1. Yay Abbi! Im just glad I can help... us Mama's gotta stick together. We'll get through this... love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. go abs! glad she slept 5 hrs for ya! i'm sure you didn't know what to do w/ yourself!!

    ReplyDelete