Thursday, July 2, 2009

Satellite Insanity

For nearly 7 months now John and I have lived in our little woodland home. We've enjoyed the chirping birds, the wind blowing through the trees, and 3 fuzzy channels tuned in by a good 'ol rabbit ear antenna. The wonderful "digital switch" left us with 1 fuzzy channel and 4 daily hours of infomercials. I'm convinced that I could sell you any number of useless items, as I was tempted by their 1/2 selling pitches on a daily basis. My thoughtful parents enticed John and I with an early Christmas gift of Dish Network! Praise be! Our cute little house now proudly displays a satellite on the roof, and we are nearly overwelmed by a choice of 100 different television programs at any given time. It truly is a blessing and luxury for this stay-at-home mom! I'm certain if you could be a mouse on the wall you'd be mightily amused by our animated "look at that!" ,"what should we watch?" , and "how does this remote work?" The point that really sent us over the edge was the DVR mechanism. I can honestly say I was speechless when John stopped my live television show to rewind it a bit! I've been getting a kick out of how drastically this has impacted us, and I thought you might too!

2 comments:

  1. oh girl you had me laughing at this post!! i'm so excited for you! :)abc family has a new show, which i know you'll love! it's on monday nights i believe or maybe tuesday nights (i record it and watch it on wednesdays, my day off) but it is called stick it and it's about gymnastics :) only 2 episodes have played so you won't be too far behind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH how we LOVE our DVR. Really. Don't know how I survived without it and apparently I did?

    ReplyDelete