Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Joys of John

It's been awhile since I have taken the time to properly brag on my wonderful husband. Despite my neglect in writing it down for the blogging world, each and every day I am grateful for him. Last night our little Abigail woke up around 12:30 screaming...painful screams. Initially I assumed that with a little comforting she would settle down, 3 hrs later I knew how wrong I was. John and I tried everything we could think of to take away our poor baby's pain but all to no avail. As many babies do when sick, Abigail only wanted Mommy. Mommy desperately wished she would want Daddy...at least for a little while. 20lbs is no small weight to hold, rock, bounce, and sway with for hours on end. John couldn't have been more supportive. He searched for medicine, filled juice cups, and took care of Abigail as much as she would let him. John was the one who realized that she might be having growing pains, and he showed me how to rub her little legs to ease the pain. Merciful silence came for awhile as John and I rubbed and rubbed and rubbed her legs. He listened to hours of me singing worship songs in an effort to calm both she and I down. John could have shoved his head under the pillow or gone to the couch as many husbands would, but he didn't. He stayed. He comforted both Mommy and Abbi. I was so thankful for John's willingness to just be there even though there was little he could do. As with every day that passes I am so proud to be John's wife, and so grateful to spend my life alongside him.

3 comments:

  1. You always have such wonderful things to say! I just love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope the little sweetie is better today and mommy isn't too worn out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw yes. I know this feeling. We do have good men in our lives. Its amazing. And I know I sometimes take it for granted. Thanks for sharing hope Abigail is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete