Thursday, March 18, 2010

Understanding Easter

In as long as I have loved the Lord, I have never truly understood Easter. I could never fully comprehend the monumentous event that provided me life everlasting...I do now. Having Abigail and loving her as I do opened the floodgates of emotion and realization of what both God and Mary endured in the death of Jesus. Tears come to my eyes as I even think of seeing my daughter be beaten and murdered for those completely undeserving. My heart breaks as I realize God saw the big picture and to Him it was worth it. I ask myself if I would do it, allow it to happen...for you, for anyone. I'd like to believe I would be strong enough, but truly in my heart of hearts I don't know. This opening of the eyes of my heart has touched me deeply, given me true passion for my God. I hope that God touches you and yours if He has not already so that we may all truly truly celebrate this most special of holidays... Be blessed...I am...

No comments:

Post a Comment