Monday, September 21, 2009

Abigail, Abbi, or Gail


When John and I chose the name "Abigail" for our daughter, we figured that at some point she would become Abbi for short. As I have gotten to know my little girl I have realized that she is Abigail. I love the meaning of her name, I love the way the entire name sounds, I love that while there are many Abby's there are very few "Abigail's". Many people have asked us how to refer to her, and my answer is you may call her Abbi if you want, but to me she is Abigail. Oddly enough if I happen to shorten her name here lately it has come out "Gail." I guess the reason that this matters to me is that I have one of "those" names. Most of my life I have been Bri rather than Brianne, and now there are people who don't even realize that Bri is a nickname. I'm named after my daddy (Brian) and am proud to be his namesake so sometimes I wish that I was "Brianne" but it seems as though Bri is stuck....to make a long story short this got me to thinking about what Abigail would want to be called one day. I have had some many ask me this question I thought I'd just put up a short post about it :-) I'm going add a picture of my sweetie and you can decide for yourself!

1 comment:

  1. Bri-
    She is adorable! I am so happy for you and John. I went through a phase where I didn't like my name (because waaayyy tooooo many people had the same one) and I wished some one had asked me, so I think it is a good idea to ask her when she gets older.
    Kasey

    ReplyDelete