Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Has Anyone Seen My Toes?

Curses on Eve! I'm daring to wonder what pregnancy would have been like before that greedy woman ate the forbidden fruit! My God has a sense of humor I believe, and when he vowed to make childbirth difficult, I think he also meant the carrying of the babe.
One must either laugh or cry, so I am choosing to laugh!
Have you seen my toes? I think they are painted purple, although John likened them to gumdrops! It's been awhile since last I located them, but when I did my breathing was immediately interupted in the effort! My poor husband is dealing with my new condition of snoring, and he also has the enviable job of rolling me off my back when in the midst of my sleep my breathing becomes ragged...no small feat I assure you. I have been blessed with those squeezable cheeks all of my life, but it is quite comical to note that each cheek would require two hands to properly squeeze them! I had always thought I wanted a larger chest, but cleavage to the collarbone is not all it's cracked up to be! From the back I look like a box...I had a waistline once, didn't I? The sheer horror on people's faces when they realize we have 8 weeks to go is enough to send me into a fit of tears. To combat this malady, my best friend painted my belly like an Easter Egg. This was quite humorous...until the paint started cracking! Who in the world knew that one little tiny being could so alter my being even right down to my toes!
Surely it's worth it Lord I ask, even as I know the answer...And then I feel my sweet little girl move within me and all is right in my world!

6 comments:

  1. oh my goodness.....the joys of being prego! I can't say that I'm too excited about not being able to see my toes..But you must still remember you are BEAUTIFUL and your baby will be BEAUTIFUL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm laughing so hard! i totally get how you feel! it's worse on us "short little people"!! believe me, i know! i tell ya though, your body can go back to normal- mine has twice now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH yes... I just started snoring sometimes w/ Leah. Totally did not do it w/ Ayla. Jeff could sleep through a tornado so he isn't phased. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww I'm sure once u have the baby you'll get your lil figure back. I personally think your one of the cutest pregnant women!!

    Don't worry about the faces or things people say to u lol some people are just rude! When I was pregnant with Kobe and I was towards the end of my pregnancy. I was sittin in the doctor's office, an older lady was like "OH MY! Twins?" And I said nooo Just one and then instead of saying oh sorry she proceeded to say "are you sure your just having one? Looks like theres 2 in there?" I was thinking well u rude woman! LOL Which I mean Im big anyways but geez! Some ppl LOL! Good Luck hun! And just remember your an adorable pregnant lady!! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bri-
    you sweet thing you... you just enjoy it because as much as you think you won't, you WILL, miss being prego! isn't God amazing... he created our bodies to cary another human being inside of us! He is good. I can't wait to meet little miss boppli!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bri,
    You are too funny. This post made me giggle. I am confident that your beauty is all the more radiating with motherhood so quickly becoming a reality. I'll be praying for you. :)

    ReplyDelete