Friday, March 6, 2009

Waffle Night with the Davidson's

Yesterday evening after feeding the cows, John and I decided to make Belgian waffles for supper. Yum! While beating eggs whites, we decided to call his family to see if they'd like to join us. Suddenly we went from dinner for 2 to supper for 6! I wish we would have had a camera to film John and I scrambling around the kitchen mixing waffle batter, frying hashbrowns, cooking bacon, making tea, and setting the table. It was a frenzy of activity for sure! we accomplished all of this within about 30 minutes time and managed to look somewhat put together by the time everyone arrived. It was a good time of spontaneous fellowship. John and I were exhausted by the time everyone went home, but it was well worthwhile! I'm so blessed to have a husband who will jump in and get his hands dirty in the kitchen, who loves his family so much, and who is appreciative of the little things. I think I'll start a series of blogs called Bragging on John because that seems to be how all of my blogs turn out anyway!

4 comments:

  1. I love waffles. I craved waffles all the time with Ayla, but never ate them once bc I was so picky as to how perfect they needed to be! ha :) Sounds like you had a good time. Baby (babies) is growing closer. Hope you are feeling good....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! We also love breakfast food for supper:) Your big day is growing closer!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm feeling really good except that I'm running out of room! I can't believe how fast it's going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have a husband like that! it's the best! do you know him?? hee hee!! we need to get together soon..... but this old house of ours... ahhhh!!!
    brandi

    ReplyDelete