Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Joys of John

Godly men are greatly lacking in our society so finding one is no small feat. Add to that the challenge of finding a godly man that you actually like, and you might as well be trying to find the proverbial needle in a haystack. I happen to be one of the few lucky women who has snatched up such a rare specimen, and in light of that I believe he deserves all the praise I can give him. The Joys of John will be my way of expressing my deepest gratitude for my wonderful husband. I hope that if your husband is worthy of such an honor you will too give credit where credit is do! In a world that holds the values of marriage so carelessly, it is encouraging to see those that despite it all are strong and enduring...

For as long as I have known John I have been asking for a chocolate lab puppy. He has always promised me that when the time was right I could have one. Nearly 3 years later still no puppy, but fate intervened! Through the grapevine I found out that an aquaintance had chocolate lab puppies that they were giving away...as in free. I managed to snag one of those little sweeties with the somewhat reserved approval of John. Boone is a joyful addition to our little family, but I didn't quite think through the reprecussions of having a puppy and being 7 months pregnant. Oops! John, who had considered this, has jumped in and helped me with Boone despite his misgivings. For several nights now he has joined me in Boone's many nightly bathroom breaks because I'm too scared to take him out in the dark by myself. John's selfless acts of love never cease to amaze me.

Yesterday John's mom and I were both given the first Easter Lillies of Spring...what a wonderful man he is!

No comments:

Post a Comment