Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Joys of John

During this winter's snow and ice storm, one of our sheds at the farm collapsed. This week John and the others began taking off the roof so repairs could begin. My husband was in Heaven when the task required the rental of a man lift. He delights in working with equipment! Sweet man that he is, he determined that I needed to see how this thing operated. He showed me all of the operations the man lift can perform, and patiently answered my questions. I soon found that his true motive for showing me this contraption was so that he could take me for a ride on it! We climbed into the basket and up, up, up, up we went. Now I am not normally afraid of heights, but this happened to be the day we had wind gusts of 15-20 miles an hour! I was a bit squeamish, and could envision the headlines that would appear should I plummet to the ground! John just put his arm around me and pointed out the beauty of seeing Davidson land from above. My fears eased, and I was instantly filled with a sense of pride for my husband and his family. We are so blessed! True romance is more than flowers and candles, it's found in thought filled gestures like rides in a man lift...

1 comment: