Saturday, April 25, 2009

When Two Become Three...

For so long now John and I have talked, dreamt about, and imagined the day when our firstborn would arrive. In the midst of it all, the whole idea has been somewhat surreal...yesterday reality hit. Thursday night and Friday morning contractions began, and although I have yet to dilate reality sank in that our little Abbi will be arriving soon. Hormonal me just realized that my days of being only a wife are limited...very limited. I don't think that I ever expected to marry someone I like as much as I like John. I know that sounds bad, but I truly thought that I would weary of of endless hours spent with my husband. Oddly enough the opposite has proven true. The more time I spend with John, the more time I want. Each day I learn something new about this soulmate of mine and find myself falling deeper in love with him. Now the time is fast approaching when I will have to share this attention with another woman (albeit a tiny one). This morning my poor husband dealt with my tears as I tried to explain that I was jealous of our daughter...and she's not even here yet! He patiently reminded me that she would be the best parts of both of us...and that I will always be his first lady. He reminded me of all the adventures and experiences the Lord has in store for the 3 of us. How blessed am I to have someone such as John to love, and how wonderful to carry and raise his daughter. Once again my happiness is retored...I cannot wait to see my husband in a new light...as Daddy.

2 comments:

  1. You think you love John now... wait til you see him holding Abbi, rocking her, and reading to her... Its the most attractive feature a man can have. I can't wait to meet Abbi and I am super sad I missed your shower today. Things have just been kinda crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree w/ court! my most favorite picture of brycen and ryan is the one where ryan is holding him and feeding him for the first time and they are just staring at each other!!

    ReplyDelete