Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Joys of John

This week has marked the beginning of farming season. John has been back in his truck hauling fertilizer to the area farmers. I both anticipate and dread this time of year. It's an exciting time for Davidson Farms. The tractors and planters are being made ready for planting. I love the smell of dirt when the fields are disked up. The downside comes with long days being made even longer with my husband getting up before 4:30 and not getting home until after dark. These days mean good income for our family, but they also mean less time spent together. My sweetheart came in late one evening this week and suggested that we go on a final date before our little one arrives. I had been thinking of this myself, but it was a wonderful surprise to have him bring it up.

Last night we went out on our date. We consciously enjoyed every moment of just being together. He held my hand and looked into my eyes just like he has for nearly 3 years now. It was another wonderful memory that will be remembered fondly in the days, months, and years ahead. I'm so blessed to have this special man in my life.

1 comment:

  1. glad you had a good date! don't forget to still take time for yourselves as a couple after baby abigail gets here. it's important to stay connected :). i find this hard to do still and B is 4!

    ReplyDelete