Monday, October 6, 2008

Dear Boppli,

Dear Boppli,

I love this time of year. The leaves are changing and beginning to fall. The sky is more blue than usual. The days are getting cooler. It is a good time to live on a farm. Your Daddy is hard at work harvesting our corn and beans. I wish your little eyes could watch him work, see him doing all the things he loves to do. Your Daddy is a special man. He works hard for us, for you and me. Your Daddy spends long hours working on the farm and driving his truck. Today Daddy spent most of the day fixing the pasture fence because some of the cows broke it down. This work, for a time, is God's plan for your Daddy's life. Your Daddy went to school to be a teacher, but the Lord touched his heart and guided him to work with Papaw and Uncle Joe. Your Daddy listened, and the Lord has blessed our family because of your Daddy's willing heart. I pray that you are born with a heart like your Daddy's.

In the book of Jeremiah it says, "I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb. Before you were born I set you apart.."

Even now, as you grow in Mommy's belly, God loves you and He knows you. The Lord has a wonderful plan for your life. Already He knows the great things that you are destined to do. Listen to Him, my Boppli, know Him, follow Him, serve Him. I pray that the compass of your heart always points to Him. I hope that you will have a servant's heart that longs to help others. I pray that you will not demand your own way, but that you joyfully will answer God's call. May your heart be like your Daddy's, a heart that seeks to please God.

I'm so glad that you are with me this Fall season. Grow strong and healthy, my Boppli...

Mommy loves you

1 comment:

  1. as i read this my little one is moving inside me... reminds me of how miraculous life is and how much God loves us. i hope we can raise our children to be servants of the Lord, who willingly follow and love Him. keep writing, i love reading it :)

    ReplyDelete