Monday, October 6, 2008

My Husband's Hands

My Husband’s Hands
5-31-08

My husband’s hands are tender. They rub tired feet and massage tension filled shoulders…
My husband’s hands are capable. They shift through the gears of a Peterbilt semi and guide a tractor through the fields…
My husband’s hands are creative. They transfer the thoughts of his mind to paper and write stories of days gone by…
My husband’s hands are industrious. They maneuver nuts and bolts and find ways to mend what’s broken…
My husband’s hands are gentle. They never move in anger and never seek to harm…
My husband’s hands are helpful. They open jar lids, carry heavy loads, and reach for things up high…
My husband’s hands are considerate. They open doors, pull out chairs, and guide me at the small of my back…
My husband’s hands are never quite clean. They are stained by oil and grease and remind me that he’ll always provide…
My husband’s hands are giving. They offer rides to hitch hikers and reach into his billfold to give to those in need…
My husband’s hands are scarred. They bear the marks of his hard work and are reminders of his adventures…
My husband’s hands are saving grace. They rescue turtles from the road, scoop fallen eggs back into their nest, and gives bottles to a starving calf…
My husband’s hands are compassionate. They wipe tears from my eyes and hold me until all my worries melt away…
My husband’s hands are faithful. They turn the pages of his Bible and intertwine to pray…
My husband’s hands are all the things a good man’s hands should be. They tell the story of a hardworking man who praises his God and loves his wife…

As I hold my husband’s hands, I see how blessed I am…
As I hold my husband’s hands, I feel his goodness soak into me…
As I hold my husband’s hands in mine, I pray that I am worthy to hold such hands as his…

________________________________________________________________________________

“Whatever your hands find to do, do it with all of your might…” Ecclesiastes 9:10
________________________________________________________________________________
My husband inspires me...

1 comment:

  1. Bri Bri,
    I am excited to follow your little one's growth through your blog. You have such a wonderful talent when it comes to writing. I know I will enjoy every post you have. I am so excited for you guys. Hope to hear from you soon.

    Love you,
    Rachael

    ReplyDelete