Friday, May 29, 2009

My Purpose

I have long dreamed of being a mother. For as long as I can remember I have felt that this was been the purpose for which I was created. I have held other people's children and closed my eyes trying to imagine what it would be like to hold my own. A little over a week ago my dreams became reality, and I can now say with certainty that this is my destiny. I will not be the best mother. I will make many mistakes. I will send up a million prayers in request for guidance, but I will love my daughter whole heartedly. I will support her, guide her, and train her in the ways that are right. I can only hope that God will grant me a potion of the wisdom that He bestowed upon Solomon. Abigail Grace is granting me the opportunity to pursue my purpose in life, and I'll do my best to make her proud.

2 comments:

  1. she is gorgeous--Miss Indiana 2029!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brianne - you WILL be the best mother - the best one for Abbi! God gives us our specific children (both blood-related and otherwise!) for a very special reason...congrats again to you & John.

    ReplyDelete