Monday, May 4, 2009

With Utmost Anticipation

John and I are eagerly awaiting the arrival of our little girl. Over a week ago I began having contractions off and on, and this has led to a sense that the beginning of labor must be immediately impending. Each day is fraught with questions about the appearance of labor warning signs. John is constantly tilting his head and giving me "the look". The nesting instinct has overcome me as I fold and refold tiny clothes, arrange and rearrange her sweet nursery. How eager we are to meet this beloved little person! All day, all night, my thoughts are upon the moment when our daughter will decide that it's time to join us.

This morning as I get ready to go to yet another doctor's appointment a thought occurred to me. There are so many who with the utmost anticipation await the arrival of Abigail Grace Davidson, and I must wonder if God's children hold their breaths in such angst for the return of our Savior. I cannot help but wonder how much more dearly I would know and love my Lord if I could sense His presence in my life, the way I sense Abigail's within my womb. And what if I would seek to know Him as much as I do my daughter. I cannot fathom why I do not look for the signs of His return. I do not prepare or ready myself for His arrival. Time and again I should fold and refold the areas of my life that need straightening out. Time and again I should arrange and rearrange my priorities to align them with His...

Heavenly Father, help me to await and prepare for your son's return with the utmost anticipation...

1 comment:

  1. awesome post- so true!
    let me know how your appt. goes today :)
    love ya

    ReplyDelete